Avance Online Training Step 1
Step 1 is designed to walk you through the setup of your Avance Embroidery machine.
The first thing that needs to be done is for you to download the files that will walk you through the setup and discuss what is included with your purchase. These files were included with your embroidery machine purchase and are on the USB drive with the Avance logo on it.
The file, Avance Training – Part 1.pdf, will walk you through the initial setup of your Avance Embroidery Machine. The Training Designs folder contains sample designs for use in training and the third file is the Avance Manual.
Click each of the three links to download the files:
The next two files are all videos and are very large. If you prefer, you can watch these videos online instead by clicking here. You will still need to download Step 1-A.
Avance Online Training Step 2
Step 2 is simply an entrance exam that confirms you are prepared for the instructor led portion of your training and have completed Step 1, there is no training component for this part. Our online training is done through GoToTraining and therefore you do need to register for this step to take the exam.
Avance Online Training Step 3
Step 3 is the instructor led portion of your training. There are several dates available to choose from. Click the link below to see the available dates and register for your class.
You will want to make sure you can access the “Avancé-Materials For Class Machine Operation and Maintenance”, in case you would like to follow along (you might even consider printing this out). This PDF is found on your Avancé USB, and is the information we will be using during the interactive online class.
Make sure your speakers and microphone are working on your computer, and that your computer and web browser are up to date. Click on the link that was e-mailed to you, on the scheduled date and time, and enjoy the interactive online class.
To be prepared for the interactive online class, please have the following ready:
• An area set up where you can hoop (flats)
• Mount your cap gauge somewhere, so you can hoop a hat.
• A few blank caps
• Your cap frames adjusted to fit your caps
• A blank t-shirt or canvass bag (optional)
• Some cut away backing (if not precut, have a pair of scissors handy)
• Some tear away (or cap) backing
• The Avancé USB or a USB with the .DST training files on it (they can be downloaded from Step 1 of the online training on our support website).
• Have the cap driver OFF the machine and the flat sewing arms (to hold the regular/tubular hoops) ON the machine, so the machine is ready to sew flat items like shirts.